You know it is time to go green. With many issues concerning global warming, even students can partake in your own little ways some lifestyle changes that can provide big benefits to saving mother earth. In fact, some of these ways are so easy and inexpensive that you can start on them right now!
- Time to throw that paper away! Since the world is now digitally focused, you can now get rid of using paper when taking down notes. This will drastically help save trees. Not only will this be cheaper compared to buying notebooks and writing materials, but you can conveniently access your data anywhere you go!
- Lessen meat consumption! While we cannot advise that you go all-vegan, but you can at least try to minimize your meat consumption. Eat less meat or try to at least omit it from a meal each day. This will bring significant change not only in your health but also in saving the environment. If you have to eat meat, look for labels like organic, free range, antibiotic and hormone free.
- Stop buying bottled water. Instead of purchasing water bottles every day when you are at school, you can try bringing reusable bottled water wherein you can just refill your liquid when you need to. Obviously, this is a cheaper option than buying every time you need to quench your thirst.
- Recycle when you can. You can recycle just about anything from paper products, to plastics, etc. Before you toss your trash on the bin, try to be creative and think of ways that you can upcycle or reuse it. This will save the landfill and will protect the air and water from further pollution.
- Think about your water usage. Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth. Avoid using the bathtub when you can just take a quick shower. In fact, reducing your shower usage to 4 minutes a day is enough to save 3,650 gallons of water per year.
- Support eco-friendly brands. Since you are on your way to saving mother earth, might as well help those businesses that have the same goals as yours. Check on your beauty and cleaning products to see if you are using brands that are responsible and eco-friendly.
- Walk or bike instead of using your car. In addition to adapting a healthier lifestyle, you can also try to cut down on driving to save on gas. This is a good way to eliminate the use of too much fossil fuel.